Thursday, February 24, 2011

Motion

Our assignment this week was to show motion. We were given the option of showing motion in the most affective way, either by stopping motion completely or using slow shutter speeds to really let movement sink in. I went to a few different events this week in hopes of catching a standout image from one of the many sporting events on campus. I shot photos at Western's big win of Central on Feb. 16 and I also took photos at the men's senior night on Tuesday Feb. 22. I finally decided to go with this shot of Western Washington rugby full-back Colin Moy. These are just a few of the many photos I came up with over the past week.


                                                                               



    Colin Moy, 22, looks for a pass in a men’s rugby match on Feb. 19, 2011.  The Western Washington Warthogs lost to Oregon State University 14-22 in a tough fought Division I NCRP men’s rugby match Saturday. The Warthogs are 0-3 in the 2011 season after moving into Division I play for the first time. “I think we are having problems executing what we need to execute,” Moy said. “If we execute better we will have a lot more success on the field.” Moy, a WWU senior, has been playing rugby for three years starting as a full-back and winger. Moy enjoys playing rugby because of teamwork and the great physical and mental demands it has on each player. “The tightness of the team, everyone working together, is what helps us win,” Moy said.  More information about WWU men’s rugby can be found online at Western Rugby and also on Facebook 
                       

                                                                                                     



 




Western Washington University fans rush the court after defeating CWU 66-60 Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2011 

3 comments:

  1. I think that these are my favorite set of pictures so far. The first one of Colin especially. Nice work:) The hand in last picture not my fav but great atmosphere.

    -karly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I was wondering if you have anymore pictures from the game? I'm a player on the team and its always nice to see pictures of us in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    Yeah I actually have a bunch of shots from that game and a few others. There are unorganized/unedited but if you get in touch with Colin he will be able to direct you towards me. Just give me a call and I would love to pass along some of my work to you guys. Thanks for looking! David

    ReplyDelete